Thursday, May 04, 2006

Emirating




I don't usually have anything nice to say about economy class on any aircraft, small seats, close proximity to others, bad food and the loser version of entertainment are enough to make a grown chan cry. This was my first flight on an emirates plane on my trip from London to Dubai I have to say I was very very impressed. the craft was very new, (uh the air canada plane we travelled on from yvr to ldn had tape holding a broken piece of plastic on the bottom of the TV in business class..) and although the seats were small I have to say they made up for it in every other way.

Service: excellent, friendly staff and no half assed services, they have stickers you can put on the shoulder of your seat if you dont want to be disturbed unless its food/duty free, etc. Also good headphones were a plus.

Food: Wow, the best airline food I have ever had, really, even up against first class on some other airlines, I had the curry chicken with stewed tomatoes and rice, it came with 2 side salads (one with smokes salmon), some cheese, a very nice mousse desert, a half white half brown bread roll. top marks here.

Entertainment: This is what really impressed me, I know most airlines (sans air canada) already have the tvs on the back of each seat in ecomony, but these guys had great entertainment, video games, online access (gotta pay bitch), great movies (king kong, some justin timberlake, good morning vietnam, some other new movies I cant name, the office-us, arressted development, top gear, really the list goes on.. the best part for me, is they have a camera on the front of the plane and on the bottom that you can see from your seat.

overall I give this 5/5 I would dog on the small seats but I think its the same as any other airline

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger gwilli said...

cool! camera cam! they should have them all over the plane - wings, tail, straight down - then have those all as channels on your tvs. that would rule

and they should broadcast them online!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger erinator said...

chan man! pick something to eat for kim's goodbye lunch on monday at banana leaf and email greg/erin! we need to preorder!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


...
Share