Thursday, August 03, 2006

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication



Ill Communication is an excellent album with a couple of low spots. In fact, if I could take two or three tracks off this disc, I think it'd be the first album I've reviewed here to get 5 stars. Sure Shot, Sabotage and Futterman's Rule are probably the highlights for me, Tough Guy and Heart Attack Man are the low points. Futterman's Rule in particular is one of those songs that I just never would've heard if I hadn't listened to the whole disc, and I still don't know how to classify it. It's good though. Sabotage was one of the first songs I ever had on MP3, I remember listening to it on the long, long weekend shifts at Dowco Internet.

I have a bit of a problem with Get it Together... maybe I'm just a square but it seems to me that white guys probably shouldn't go around dropping the n-bomb. All social implications aside, you just can't pull it off.

Anyways, this disc is just chok-a-blok full of phat beats and mad rhythms (that is what the kids are saying these days, isn't it?) and I strongly recommend it. 4 chicken fingers / 5 french fries.

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Russ Weeks said...

my first spam comment! this is awesome! thanks, anonymous!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger gwilli said...

yeah! you rule anonymous! thanks for the spam!!!

I haven't seen you in a while, you used to comment on my other blog quite often. good to hear from you.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger gwilli said...

oh yeah, russ?

that n-bomb thing you were complaining about? that's not any of the 3 bBoys rapping. that's Q-Tip. so it's all okay, dig?

retract your complaint immediately.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Russ Weeks said...

holy shit! my old boss was featured on a beastie boys album?!? that's awesome! complaint retracted!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


...
Share