Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols



This was another album that I thought would be worth a listen after seeing it pretty high up on Rolling Stone's best albums list. It's not for me. I can see how it was probably very revolutionary and very counter-culture when it came out, but forty minutes of some guy shouting just doesn't do it for me anymore. Or, I should say that if I'm gonna put up with 40 minutes of some guy shouting, the music's gotta be pretty remarkable, and this ain't. I spent a while wondering if I might have enjoyed this album more were I ten years younger, and I think the answer is still no. Then I spent a while wondering if there were any tracks from this album that were worth saving. Another 'no'. Maybe I'm just not angry enough.

Anyways, I think it's fair to say that if this is the best punk music out there, the punk scene's not for me. I must admit, I suspected that might be the case before I listened to this album, but I honestly did try to go into it without any preconceptions. 1/5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


...
Share